- How to Mention Someone in iMessage Group Chat
- How to Set Notifications for Mentions in iMessage
How to Mention Someone in iMessage Group Chat: iMessages are a kind of group chat where you can talk to users by mentioning them in the specific message.
This is helpful because it will send out a notice with your text, so that talking to them will become easier.
How to Mention Someone in iMessage Group Chat?
The person you tag gets notified about the message when you tag them in group chat. Therefore:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Now go into an iMessage group chat.
- Start typing the name of the contact who you wish to mention into the text field at the bottom. You can also use @ followed by the contact’s name for mentioning someone in iMessage.
- Click on top of that contact’s name after it appears. Notice how its color has changed into blue? After this you can add your own message.
- This is everything one needs to mention someone in iMessage group chat.
As soon as the recipient hears from you, they will be alerted that you mentioned them in an iMessage group chat. This will enable them to access the notification and the message by just tapping on it.
How to Set Notifications for Mentions in iMessage?
You may not want to see every message within a large iMessage group chat. Alternatively, you might like to receive messages only when you are mentioned or even better when specific individuals are mentioned.
Luckily, in iMessage, mention notifications can be adjusted. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, then tap the Messages section.
- Toggle Notify Me under Mentions.
- When using a Mac, open the Messages app and go into General; choose Notify me when my name is mentioned. Otherwise, click Messages at the top of your computer screen. When this option is off, unless someone mentions any correspondent from your past conversations or contact of yours, you won’t receive any notifications.
Mentioning someone in an iMessage group is quick and easy. It helps to grab attention for someone in a large chat group.
Q. How do you mention someone in a group chat on iMessage?
Answer. To mention someone, in a group chat, on iMessage all you need to do is start typing their name and then tap on their contact name when it appears.
Q. Why can’t I tag people in iMessage?
Answer. If you’re unable to tag people in iMessage, double check that your devices are using iOS 14, iPadOS 14 or macOS 11. These operating systems are required for the mentioned feature to work properly.
📱💥 Join Our Exclusive News Hub NOW! 💥📱 – Just FOLLOW US on Google News for the Fastest News updates!