How to Change Your Spotify Username: A Spotify username is important for logging in and adding friends. However, many users are initially confused by the distinction between a username and a display name on Spotify.
A user can choose one of two name types to identify themselves to other users. The username appears on one, and the Spotify display name appears on the other. This can be confusing because the two names often appear together.
In this article we will tell you How to Change Your Spotify Username? We will also tell how a username is different from display name.
Spotify Username vs Display Name
It took us a while to realize that your username and Spotify display name are entities. When you sign up for a Spotify account you are given a generated combination of letters and numbers, as your username.
On the platform Spotify can only recognize you through your username. It’s worth noting that modifying your Spotify username is not an option. Furthermore only other users can see your username when you share your profile.
However like changing your Instagram username you have the freedom to modify your Spotify Display Name whenever you desire. You also have the flexibility to change your display name frequently as you wish.
Whenever someone visits your Spotify profile they can see this name. It should now be clear to you if, like me, you were confused about your username and display name.
How to change the Name on Spotify Display on iOS & Android
The process of changing the display name on Spotify’s web apps and mobile apps differs slightly. The steps for both iOS and Android are similar. In this demonstration we will focus on Android. Please refer to the following actions listed below;
- Open your Spotify app.
- Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the Spotify app.
- Next, select your profile name from the hamburger menu by tapping on it.
- Now, press the Edit button located directly beneath your entire display name.
- You can edit your name here by tapping on it and making the necessary changes.
- Once you’re done don’t forget to tap Save, in the corner of your screen to save your changes.
Changing the Display Name on the Spotify Desktop App and Website
- Launch the desktop or web app for Spotify.
- Choose the Profile option by clicking on your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Then, click the horizontal three-dot icon next to your profile picture on your profile page.
- Next, choose the Edit profile option.
- After entering your new display name in the text box, click the Save button.
In this article we discussed How to Change Your Spotify Username? It’s understandable if you couldn’t tell the difference between your display name and your Spotify username. However we hope that this guide has helped clarify the distinction for you.
The steps mentioned above should be enough to change your display name if you’ve been wanting to change your Spotify username, which cannot be changed.